I saw this really cool pattern while searching for other crochet egg patterns for Easter. It has a secret pocket at the bottom for treats or special messages. I wanted something quick and easy to do so I started on it. But I used the wrong thread. This sparkily thin stuff makes the stitches hard to see therefore, making this little project harder than it needed to be. I like the finished product though.
I don't know what to put into this special pocket yet but it will be sweet either way. :)
I have never tried color changing and this little project was perfect for me to try. The front looks good but the back looks terrible. I think it's because I crochet in a spiral.
I think I might check out the other patterns for striped eggs and see how they deal with it.
I hope your Easter crafting is coming along well. :)