Monday, March 26, 2012

Sparkily crochet Egg with a Secret

I saw this really cool pattern while searching for other crochet egg patterns for Easter. It has a secret pocket at the bottom for treats or special messages. I wanted something quick and easy to do so I started on it. But I used the wrong thread. This sparkily thin stuff makes the stitches hard to see therefore, making this little project harder than it needed to be. I like the finished product though. 




I don't know what to put into this special pocket yet but it will be sweet either way. :)

I have never tried color changing and this little project was perfect for me to try. The front looks good but the back looks terrible. I think it's because I crochet in a spiral. 


I think I might check out the other patterns for striped eggs and see how they deal with it.

I hope your Easter crafting is coming along well. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Cute~ I've also seen where knitters/crocheters take plastic Easter eggs and knit/crochet the pattern around the egg!

    I like that yours has a secret compartment ;)

    ReplyDelete