Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lovely Fortune

My friend, Rachel, sent me this link to a cute crochet fortune cookie. I am taking a break from the red dragon to see if I could fashion one myself.




I used Lion Brand  Vanna's Choice in beige with a size 4.25mm crochet hook. (The yarn label states to use a 6mm hook) I embroidered "LOVELY" onto a bit of ribbon and sewn it in as the "message" and the hanger. Mine turned out larger because 1. I used thicker yarn and 2. I added more rings to my circle than they did.

You crochet a circle. Sorry, there's really no pattern. I'm sure you can look up crochet coaster patterns. Then I folded it up to find the center and put a couple of stitches to hold the center. After that, I took stitches to close up the outside. You don't have to completely sew up the outer edge. You can just put a couple of stitches on the top to keep it closed. But I wanted to stuff it a little with some fiberfill so I sewn all around the edge. There are a lot of tutorials on how to fold a fortune cookie. You can look up felt fortune cookies. If I ever make another one, I will put up step by step pics for you guys to follow. :)

Hope you guys are having a Happy Craft Month! :)

1 comment: