Friday, December 2, 2011

Cute Christmas Gift Wrapping

I love wrapping and unwrapping gifts. If I have the time and inspiration, I usually try to wrap gifts in unusual ways. I would just like to show you how I wrapped a few of the finished scarves I made this year. :)

Wrapping #1: Ring in the Season

Curlicue Scarf from a previous post

My friend loves green so I decided to keep with the green theme. I found this giant sparkily green bell ornament in the dollar section of Target. It was perfect. I first wrapped the scarf in green tissue paper.


Next, I stuffed the scarf into the bell. I love it when the gift wrap is a gift itself. :)
You can stuff anything soft into this bell. Some other ideas include, cute socks, jewelry in pouches, handmade hats, or even gift cards.


I wrapped that in pearlized cellophane and added some curling ribbon in green, of course. I like the pearlized cellophane because it hides the present a little longer and hides imperfections.


Lastly, add the gift tag. More on this tag later on in the post. :)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Wrapping #2: Moose of My Heart

Red Sparkily Scarf from a previous post
I love my Eeyore model. He never moves and looks cute no matter what. :)


Micheal's Arts and Crafts sells these cute stuffed animal jars during the holidays. This year, I went a little late but they still had these cute moose jars. The jars are plastic, so they are safe for kids and shipping. The head and arms twist off with the top of the jar. I just added my scarf inside rolled up.

Cute smiling Moose


The jar or body of the moose is clear.


So, I added a strip of white card stock that has a silver glitter pattern to hide the contents.


Because there was a gap, I added a strip of red ribbon to hide it.

To finish the wrapping, I am going to wrap it in cellophane and add a curling ribbon bow just as I did above. Anything can be put inside. And there is a lot of room. For Easter, I bought a bunny one and stuffed it full with little cross stitch kits and supplies. Sadly, it was lost in the mail. You can also add yummy baked goods.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Tags: Handmade for Handmade gifts


This is the gift tag that I added to the green bell above.


I took a vertical business card template and personalized it. I was going to make it so that I could just print it double sided but they never line up for me. Therefore, I printed out the back and front separately, then glued or taped them together with a ribbon in the middle. I used plain white card stock found in office supply stores and cut out the cards using my paper cutter.


I was experimenting with color but decided to stick with a simple color scheme.


For my knitted and crochet scarves, I add this cute picture of a crochet octopus knitting. The front says "Handmade with Love. For...By..." The back of the tag is the fiber used and care or washing instructions. Yes, it does hint to the receiver as to what is inside but most people do not read the back and I don't mind the hint. :)


For my Mom's tag, I put in a loop instead of two ribbons that tie together. I will slide this onto the curling ribbon before I tie it close.

I am going to use these tags for my beading and jewelry gifting as well.. Instead of the Octopus, I think I will put a picture of a beaded panda. On the back, I think I will add my blog address. If I had an online store, that web address would be added as well. You can put how to care for the jewelry on the back. And if I make it for someone to give away, It would be simple to change the front to "For...and From....". I believe that all handmade items are made with some degree of love even if it is for mainstream brands.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

You had fun picking out or making their gift, why not have some fun with the wrapping as well. :)
I would love to have a wrapping party, anyone want in? :)

2 comments:

  1. Darling,

    Ingenious! I love the green bell you found at Target. That is a great way to hold her scarf and give another gift at the same time :)

    The moose is cute :) I don't go to Michael's that often. They moved the store again! It's near the mall so I always go to Hobby Lobby instead since it's down the way from me instead of across town!

    I love your tags! I'm glad you put the care instructions on them for your creations!

    I'm sure your friends and family will love the your wrapping techniques and gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Love all the wrapping you did here! :) I like the idea of the wrapper as a gift as well! :) Thank you for commenting on my blog during Lawnscaping blog hop:) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete