Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ohhh Lin-sanity ctopus

So, my family has Lin-sanity. Thankfully, I have kept myself out of it until today. My mom didn't want to feel like she was crazy by yelling at the tv by herself so she dragged me downstairs to sit by her. One good thing about this is that I am stuck so I bring down my most mobile project, an amigurumi octopus. I finished it just as the 3rd quarter was ending. :) Sadly, the Knicks lost against the Heat but it wasn't a surprise. :p


I used this free pattern. It makes a really cute octopus but the tentacles are a pain. It tells you to make a circle of 4 single crochet but it's hard to put the hook back through the first single crochet so, I would increase the first ring to 5 single crochet and then skip the first single crochet when starting the 2nd row.


He stands at 3 inches tall from head to bottom of tentacles and 2 inches at the widest part of his head. I used 9mm safety eyes and the green yarn from my dragon because it was the closet yarn at hand. :p  


He obviously thinks he's cute but what do you guys think? hehe

The week is almost over! Almost time for hard core crafting, stitching, and beading. Yea!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! If that was the insignia for that group in Soulless, I'd so be a member even if they are crazy!

    It is super cute! Just imagine if you stitched it in different colors than green?

    What if you added a top hat and a monocle? Even more cute!

    You are so lucky that I don't live near you. That cutie would be in my purse in a flat second!

    ReplyDelete