Monday, February 20, 2012

My First Amigurumi

I am so excited! I just finished my first amigurumi! hehe And he is so so cute! I started last night and finished this afternoon. I didn't think it would go so fast. :p I made him for my friend who just told me that him and his wife are expecting their first baby, a dragon baby! Congrats Donny and Winnie! :) I had a chance to go to JoAnn's with a friend who is an Army Reservist therefore I got the military discount too! I just have to show you my little dragon's adorable face!


Isn't my baby the cutest?! hehe All moms say that.


If you like amigurumi or want to try it, you have to check out the free patterns on All About Ami's blog. I got this free dragon pattern from her site. Thank you Stephanie! :) 

I used Caron Simply Soft's Dark Sage. Since, it is a thicker yarn, my dragon came out bigger but he's still cute. I wanted big eyes I got 12mm safety eyes. I stuffed him with Nature-Fill which is a blended fiberfill made up of 50% rayon from bamboo and 50% polyester. Also, a part of the profits will go to support ecological initiatives. I try to give back to the environment where I can. :)

It was hard to keep the count right. I must have messed up multiple times but it is true that amigurumi is very forgiving for a novice.


He's kinda like your first baby, you just can't stop taking pictures of the cutie! 


I had to give him a time out for riding the dinosaur. :p hehe

The bittersweet part is that I have to give him away. I might muster up the energy to make another one for me to keep but he will always be first in my heart. :p


1 comment:

  1. When you sent me an email about wanting to make this design, I was hoping you would!

    It is super cute......I wish I knew how to crochet......~

    I'm jealous! I'm sure you are going to start making all sorts of little amigurumis now!

    ReplyDelete