Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Felties

My friend, the wandering bunny, started making felties so, I wanted to try them. :)

My first feltie

I saw these cute felt bunny key chains and though I would experiment. I printed the pic out and cute out the shapes. Since, I am just starting, I am working out the best way through others. When I get good, then I will start making my own. :) Of course, I won't sell it because the design is not mine but she is really cute. I messed up on a couple of places so her home will be with me. :p

I think if I make another one, I am going to put a strong magnet inside so that it doesn't ruin the cuteness. And the eyes have been giving me trouble because it is hard to clip on the backs and so I have been tearing the felt a bit. I don't think you can tell unless you look very closely.

My first onigiri 
I used the free pattern from Tammy's Blog to make this onigiri. I flipped the seaweed from the top to the bottom.

Panda's Tip of the day:
I didn't have pink felt so I used actual blush from my makeup kit to "paint" on the cheeks and inside of the ears. Use what you have. :p

I also keep all the scraps and will use them to stuff other felties or amigurumi.

Last tip, I used the blunt end of my crochet hook or a chop stick to help get the stuffing in tight places like the ears on the rabbit or around the safety eyes. :)

Happy Mardi Gras!


1 comment:

  1. Good job on the felties. Don't worry about the stitching, you'll get better at it. And of course, there are different stitches you can try to use on the edges. You could do a blanket stitch or a whip stitch. Just whatever works for you ;)

    I've got duds in my collection of felties too!

    Keep up the good work :P

    ReplyDelete