Friday, September 7, 2012

Crochet Baby Baseball Hat

I had made a Football Baby Hat so I wanted to do a Baseball Hat. :)


Aww...someone wanted to try it on. I think it's a little big for him though. :)


Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Hook: 5mm
Circumference: ~12 in
Height: 4in
Pattern: Army Newsboy Newborn Hat by Stitch 11
I made it in all white.
My Changes: Brim: I ch1 before turning at the end of the rows.
(It makes turning easier but my brim didn't turn out so nice.)

Note:
I will have to make this hat again and see what I can do better. :p
I also did not like the slip stitch border because it made the hat less stretchy.

Panda's Tip of the Day:
I used some spare green yarn to do a running stitch where I wanted the red stitches of the baseball to go. It makes it easier to keep the baseball stitches in the right place. I am not good at free hand. :)


Other Crochet Baby Baseball Hats! :)


This one is by the same lady, Stitch 11, who has a free pattern for this hat on her blog.



If I do make another one, I would like to change the color of the brim and edging.
This one is super cute! And there's a free pattern but in diagram form!

3 comments:

  1. this is so cute! I saw a similar hat and had wanted to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Make one and post it on your blog! I can't wait to see what you do with it. :)

      Delete