Sunday, October 23, 2011

Brooch Finishes

Over the last week, I have been focused on brooches. I was able to finish 3 brooches, more due to necessity than from actually being productive. :P

Finish # 1
I finished a brooch made out of zippers called, Black Zipper Flower. I had written about this in my Procrastination Made Me post. I gave it to my friend, Trinity, who made me really happy by promptly placing it into her hair. :)

Front view

Back view with pin and hair clip
I found these coiless safety pin at Joann's and fell in love with their versatility. With this pin, you could take it out if it bothers you while you are wearing it in your hair and you can adjust it to lay the way you want on your clothes. I then cut slits into the felt so that the hair clip could be taken out all together or you could switch sides. My friend wore the flower in her hair during the whole dinner and it didn't move an inch. Everyone was surprised when I pointed out that it was made with a zipper. :)

Finish # 2
I also finished my Fall Floral brooch on my previous post. I actually sewed the leaf to the flower and the pin back. I decided to leave it with only one leaf.

Front view

Back view

Side view
Yea, it did not turn out to remind me of fall at all but it is still a nice piece. Making this one taught me about colors, connecting pieces, and adding a pin back.

Panda's Tip of the Day:
Place your pin back a little further up towards the top of your piece. It will allow it to lay nicer when you wear it. I did not do it for this piece because that is where the pin back would be hidden from view. So now when someone wears it, the flower will be tilted forward a little.

Finish # 3
I had found this tutorial for making small crochet hearts. I made one to see how easy it really was. FYI, I have not touched a crochet needle in a couple of years so it took a little to get me back into the swing of things. As with riding a bike, it didn't take long for me to pick it back up. There was this weird hole so I just added this really bling and cute button. I think it adds a little classiness to something very homely. :)

Front view

Back view
 With the right findings and some good persuasive reason, I can finish what I started. hehe

Finish on!

No comments:

Post a Comment