Friday, August 3, 2012

Flat Spiral Crystal Bracelet

Summer Bday gift part 2


My friend, Summer's birthday gift started with the Crystal Flower Bracelet, but it looked too lonely in the gift box so I had to make something else for her. :) Since nothing came to mind, I went back to an old stand by. I love the RAW and flat spiral stitches. :)

I didn't like how just the pearls in the middle looked so I decided to just to turn it into a sample piece and try out alternating crystals ini the center. Then I liked the look of them together and continued until I finished the bracelet. I like the look of the ends being a little different but still symmetrical. :) What do you guys think? :)



Materials:
13mm lobster clasp 
6mm Swarovski Crystal Pearls in light blue
4mm Swarovski Crystal Pearls in cream
6mm Bicone Swarovski Crystals in aqua
8lb Fireline 
Seed bead SGB co 15-457G size15 bronze
Seed bead size 11 19A Toho blue


To finish it off, I made her a birthday card. She collects buttons so I used them to make bundles of "balloons". :) I also included a bag of buttons from my collection to add to hers. :) I tied the gift box with the rainbow string I used for the string on the button balloons as well. 

Happy Belated Birthday Summer!!! :)

Just a quick aside about my buttons. I saw this set of drawers next to a dumpster one day and decided to go rifling through the drawers. What I found was a drawer full of buttons! Score! I happily took them home, sorted, and bagged them. They really do come in handy. hehe You know you are a real crafter when...you are happy to find a big bag of buttons that someone else didn't want. hehe I have had them for years and still haven't been able to use them all. :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love the bracelet and the card is adorable! Yes, you are an avid crafter if you salvage buttons ;)

    ReplyDelete