Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Crochet Baby Girl Hat

I love making baby stuff because they are so small and quick to whip up.

I still had another baby hat WIP but my friend posted making this one on her facebook page and I had to try out the puff stitch. It went really quick and was easy. It's so cute!

Here is my friend's little cap in progress.


Here is her finished hat! :)



She is amazing...she doesn't know how to read a pattern, she just learns from watching the videos. :)

Here is my little hat. The picture is a little dark because I finished it at night.


This is the free pattern/video that we both used: Baby Puff Stitch Crochet Hat from Crochet Geek. I decided to go a little more sophisticated and not put the puff at the top of the hat. :)

Hat Materials:
Crochet Hook: 5mm
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft


Pattern for the Bow:
Chain 10
hdc in 3rd chain from hook, then hdc in each ch across, turn
ch 2, hdc in each hdc across, turn
ch 2, hdc in each hdc across
crab stitch around the edge on all 4 sides
fasten off

center:
ch 10
hdc in 3rd chain from hook, then hdc in each ch across

Materials for the Bow:
Crochet Hook: 4.25mm
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft


Don't weave in all the ends.


Pinch the middle together and take a few stitches to hold it together.


Wrap the middle part around and take a few stitches to hold it together.


My bow pattern is a smaller version of this one attached to an adult sized puff stitch hat.

I couldn't decide who to give it to but then came across this site.
I decided to give it to some Military wives. I think the hardest thing a woman is go through is their husbands being deployed while they are giving birth. I hope it will give them the strength and courage to get through the days when their husbands are away. 

Solider's Angels California

Saturday, September 15, 2012
Marine 1st Recon Battalion
Camp Pendleton

Baby shower gift donations are requested. We are expecting 25-30 new Moms.

Event time: Time to be determined

Please contact Anita Dice anitadice@cox.net for instructions for shipping or for dropping off at my home in North Tustin (Orange County). We need to have gifts by September 10th in order to sort and wrap gifts in gift baskets.

Location:
Camp Pendleton, CA
Shower location to be determined.

Baby shower gift donations are requested primarily for newborns for this event. We will need practical items like baby clothes, bibs, bodysuits, play sets, receiving blankets, layettes, fleece blankets, gowns, socks, pants, body suits, booties, homemade blankets/quilts, sweaters, caps. New Mom’s will include newborn up to six months old.

Gift baskets are assembled before the shower for each Mom which requires that gifts be sorted and wrapped ahead of the shower. 

I am going to send a package of baby hats and maybe some mittens.I will also send some nail files because newborn nails are very sharp and you don't want the baby to scratch themselves. It is something that only mom's tell other moms. I got the tip from Ryan's mom. :)

If you guys have some time and energy, it is for a great cause. :) You might not get the instant gratification from seeing and hearing from your friends and family about how much they love your gifts but it is going to some worthy people.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment