Saturday, August 25, 2012

American Flag Crochet Newborn Hat

An American Flag Hat for the son or daughter of a hero seems fitting. :) Yep, another Hat for the Solider's Angels of California baby shower.


Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Hook: 5 mm
Circumference: 13 in
Height: 4.5 in


Hat Base Pattern: Newborn Baby Hat from Crochet Spot
Adjustments:
Round 1-5 in Blue
Round 6: White
Round 7: Red
(Because I used a smaller hook size, I thought the hat would be too small.
Since I knotted the yarn after the color changes, I had to increase here instead of in Round 5.
*dc, dc, 2dc* around)
Round 8: White
Round 9: Red
Round 10: White
Round 11: Red

I don't like weaving in too many tails so I just carried the yarn along the back.



White Stars Pattern: Tiny One Round Stars by Fiber Flux
I put on 7 so that it would be a luckier number. :)

Top of the Hat

My finished American Flag hat. :)
This American Flag Beanie form Ambassador Crochet was my inspiration.


But they did something like this to the top and I didn't want to figure that pattern out right then so I went for an easier route. :)

1 comment: